Lists and registers
Last Updated: 2 September 2020
Public Registers and registers held as public record
The following are examples of lists and registers held by the council.
- Register of dispensations - register of councillor's declared interests
- Land and premises register business premises search facility for premises which are currently available, updated by over 100 local agents, property owners and developers
- Cooling towers register
- Burial registers how to access the registers for all our eight cemeteries
- Cumbria Choice housing register the council doesn't own any housing stock and the housing register is accessed by applying to South Lakes Housing find a new home
- Houses in multiple occupation the register can be accessed by emailing the Housing Standards Team
- Private water supplies the register can be accessed by emailing the Environmental Protection Team
- Conservation areas There are 10 conservation areas in the district, chosen because of their special architectural or historic interest
- Planning register includes the planning appeals register. A list of planning applications is also provided as open data Planning applications in South Lakeland 2017 (CSV/15MB)
- Enforcement of planning control register
- Building control register
- Public register of licences covers general licence types such as street trading, caravan and tent sites, house to house collections, animal boarding and caravan site licences etc
- Register of premises licences a premises licence is required where one or more licensable activities are provided at the venue concerned. Licensable activities are defined as: the sale by retail of alcohol the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to, or to the order of, a member of the club the provision of regulated entertainment the provision of late night refreshments. A list of premises licences is also provided as open data Premises licenses in South Lakeland 2017 (CSV/6.0MB)
- Register of personal licences personal licences allowing an individual to authorise the sale or supply of alcohol
- Register of vehicle/driver licences
- Register of gambling licences
- Register of temporary event notices
- Register of taxi operators licences
Register of electors
Register of councillors' financial and other interests
Councillors are required to disclose any financial or other interests they have and to record any gifts or hospitality they receive with an estimated value of at least £50 on their Annual Declaration which can be viewed on the your Councillors page.
Note on searching: select the relevant councillor by name and click the Register of Interests link in the more information section.
Register of dispensations in some circumstances, a councillor or co-optee is allowed to take part in council business even if they have a financial interest in it.
Gift and hospitality register
Any gift or hospitality received by councillors or staff members over the value of £25 is reported to the Standards Committee.
Employee register of interests
The Councils employee register of interests is reported to the Standards Committee.