Last Updated: 9 March 2022
We are committed to giving the best level of service to everyone.
Our commitments to you
How we can work together.
Getting it right
- provide you with the correct decision, information or payment
- explain things clearly if the outcome is not what you’d hoped for
- say sorry and put it right if we make a mistake
- use your feedback to improve how we do things
Keeping you informed
- deal with your request the ﬁrst time you contact us, or as soon as we can
- tell you what will happen next, and by when
- keep you updated of progress
Treating you properly
- be helpful, polite, and treat you fairly and with respect
- do what we say we will do
- try to understand your circumstances
- follow processes correctly
- tell you what you can do if you’re not satisﬁed with how you’ve been treated
- respect your privacy and personal information
- investigate all reports of fraud, to protect public money
- make more of our services available online, to use at a time that suits you
- publish information about services online
- explain how to contact us in other ways
You can help us by
- giving us the right information at the right time
- telling us when something changes
- being on time for appointments
- treating our staff with respect
- showing tolerance and respect to everyone in our community
Getting back to you
We’re committed to making sure that, when you contact us, we get back to you as soon as we can.
When you use our website
The fastest way to contact us and to find information is on this website.
You can now register for My Account. With My Account you can pay and apply for council services, report issues, contact us or check information 24 hours a day seven days a week.