Kendal Parish Poll result
Last Updated: 21 September 2022
At a parish meeting for the parish of Kendal on 18 April 2018 a poll was demanded on the following question:
'Do you want SLDC to change/create/amend a by-law to enable free parking on New Road Common Land?'
The poll took place on Thursday 24 May 2018.
To be eligible to vote in the poll, electors had to live in the parish of Kendal and have been registered to vote and be on the register of electors as it was published on 3 April 2018.
Kendal parish poll result
Question: Do you want SLDC to change/create/amend a by-law to enable free parking on New Road Common Land?
Eligible electorate: 22,688
Polling stations were open between 4pm and 9pm on Thursday 24th May at the following locations:
- The Common Room, Castle Walk, Kendal
- Romney Room (former Tourist Information Centre), Kendal Town Hall, Kendal
- Castle Street Centre, Castle Street, Kendal
- Beck Community Centre, Esthwaite Avenue, Kendal
- Parish Hall, Kirkland, Kendal
- Lonsdale Suite, Kendal Leisure Centre, Burton Road, Kendal
- Sandylands Methodist Church, Sandgate Hall, Sandgate, Kendal
- Methodist Church Room, Union Street, Kendal
- Stonecross Manor Hotel, Milnthorpe Road, Kendal