Windermere fees and charges
All prices include VAT at the appropriate rate from 1 April 2016.
Permanent swinging moorings
We have 1034 swing mooring sites on the lake, these are let on an annual basis.
(Third party insurance compulsory)
Annual charges (for a 12 month period commencing 1 April)
- open deck yachts: £711
- moorings with no boat attached for the whole licence period: £550
- all other craft up to maximum length of 14m: £127.50 per metre (Vessels over 11m limited sites where available)
- commercial moorings: £1,402.50
- service moorings: £1,220.50
- local resident discount: subject to being registered for full SLDC council tax and not in arrears or receiving second home relief, (pro rata as the year progresses): £182
Mooring licensees are entitled to limited free use of slipway, tractor, mast hoist and unlimited showers.
We have 16 moorings that can be hired by the night.
Minimum third party insurance compulsory.
- per night (excludes slipway fee): £13.50 at Belle Isle, Waterhead, Fell Foot and Parsonage Bay
- winter let holiday moorings (November to March): £265
The maximum overall length for a holiday mooring is 11m.
Short term jetty berthing
Ferry Nab public jetties only:
- permanent mooring holder per night arrival after 5pm depart before 10am, or any period over 4 hours: £13.50
- non permanent mooring holder per night arrival after 5pm depart before 10am (three pre bookable jetty berths NMH only), or any period over 4 hours: £35
Ferry Nab Marina berths
(Annual charges for a 12 month period commencing 1 April)
- boats up to 12 metres LOA: £5,068
- boats up to 13 metres LOA: £5,490
- boats up to 14 metres LOA: £5,912
Annual boat storage fees at Ferry Nab
- tenders in racks maximum LOA 3.10m (10ft 2inches), mooring holders: £112 per year
- trailered dinghy storage maximum LOA 5.5m (18ft): £306 per year
- trailered catamaran storage: £367 per year
Holiday boat storage: April to October
(Minimum third party insurance)
- powered craft and catamarans maximum LOA. 5.5m: £25 per night
- non powered trailered dinghy up to a maximum of 5.5m: £10 per night
Winter storage at Ferry Nab: November to March
- boats: (limited space) £36 per metre
- trailer storage (limited spaces): £31.50 per month
Facilities available at Ferry Nab
- public showers
- tractor (per half hour): £25
- mast hoist (per use): £25
- lake chart (laminated): £4.50
- power wash: £25
- plastic number boards (pair) : £15
- sewage pump out for mooring holders £2 for single use, £15 for 10 uses
- sewage pump out for non-mooring holders £4 for single use, £35 for 10 uses
LDNPA Boat registration (per calendar year)
All powered boats on Windermere, whether in use, moored, for private use or business must have a current Windermere Registration. This includes any boat with an outboard or electric motor or any other mechanical means of propulsion. This service is available at the Lake Wardens office on production of two forms of ID showing current address.
New Registrations £20
Change of owner £20
Set of numbers £10
Individual numbers £1
Replacement discs £1