Windermere fees and charges
All prices include VAT at the appropriate rate from 1 April 2018.
Permanent swinging moorings
We have 1,034 swing mooring sites on the lake, these are let on an annual basis.
Third party insurance compulsory.
Annual charges (for a 12 month period commencing 1 April)
- open deck yachts: £740
- moorings with no boat attached for the whole licence period: £570
- all other craft up to maximum length of 14m: £132 per metre (Vessels over 11m limited sites where available)
- commercial moorings: £1,472.53
- service moorings: £1,281.52
- local resident discount: subject to being registered for full council tax and not in arrears or receiving second home relief, (pro rata as the year progresses): £190
Mooring licensees are entitled to limited free use of slipway, tractor, mast hoist and unlimited showers.
We have 16 moorings that can be hired by the night.
Minimum third party insurance compulsory.
- per night (excludes slipway fee): £14 at Belle Isle, Waterhead, Fell Foot and Parsonage Bay
- winter let holiday moorings (November to March): £275
The maximum overall length for a holiday mooring is 11m.
Short term jetty berthing
Ferry Nab public jetties only:
- per night arrival after 5pm depart before 10am, or any period over 4 hours: £14
- pre-bookable berth per night (maximum of 3 berths): £36
Ferry Nab marina
Lake District National Park Authority (LDNPA) boat registration
All powered boats on Windermere, whether in use, moored, for private use or business must have a current National Park boat registration.
The LDNPA provide guidance on the current fees, how to register and the renewals process for Windermere boat registration.
Alternatively, this service is also available at the Lake Wardens office on production of two forms of ID showing your current address.