South Lakeland Housing Advisory Group
Last Updated: 13 April 2022
South Lakeland Housing Advisory Group terms of reference
The purposes of the Housing Advisory Group are to:
- bring together organisations with a strategic interest in meeting housing needs in South Lakeland
- provide advice to the SLDC Housing and Development Portfolio Holder in their role of developing and co-ordinating housing policy and strategy
- provide standing advice and support to the South Lakeland Local Strategic Partnership on housing issues
The Group shall consider any housing issues related to the South Lakeland District, including the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales national park areas of the District.
The Group is informal. However the ideas and initiatives which it generates will inform the development of policy and strategy and help to co-ordinate the actions of participant organisations. Decisions and proposals may also be referred to the Local Strategic Partnership and vice-versa.
Group members will be determined by the Housing and Development Portfolio Holder. Other persons may be invited to attend when appropriate, at the discretion of the Housing and Development Portfolio Holder.
Any group member may nominate other persons to serve on the group to the Portfolio Holder.
The Group shall aim to meet quarterly.
The Group shall be administered by our Housing Strategy team.
The Group is attended by various local organisations including:
- South Lakeland District Council
- Lake District National Park Authority
- Impact Housing Association
- Eden Housing Association
- Castles & Coasts Housing Association
- South Lakes Housing
- Lambert Smith Hampton
Request copies of minutes and forthcoming agenda from the Housing Strategy Team.