Last Updated: 21 November 2023
Community engagement includes:
- empowering: Placing decision-making in the hands of your community
- collaborating: Working in partnership people to make decisions about your community issues
- involving: Working with people to consider their community concerns and needs
- consulting: Getting people’s feedback on the issues that affect their community
- informing: Making sure people have the right information to make good decisions
Consultation and community engagement database
There is information about partnership projects on the Citizen Space Consultation Hub database.
Anyone can use the database, contact us for details.
Setting up a consultation
Advice to help you deliver an effective consultation:
Community engagement standards
We always work to improve our consultations and follow best practise. To help us we use:
Our consultation strategy and community engagement strategy set out our approach to consultation and community engagement:
We use the Scottish National Standards for Community Engagement. It helps us make sure we are following best practise.