Locally Important Projects
Locally Important Projects are funded by New Homes Bonus.
Under the New Homes Bonus the Government matches the Council Tax raised from new homes and properties brought back into use, with another £350 for each affordable home.
We are using these funds to address the needs of local communities by dividing the funds into two areas:
- 40% for Locally Important Projects
- 60% for Housing and Neighbourhood Planning
Locally Important Projects funding
The Locally Important Projects funding is further divided into two schemes:
- Member Locality Budgets Scheme: £1,000 for each SLDC Councillor for use for projects in their ward areas. Details are given in the councillors' spending overview
- Locally Important Projects: Locally Important Projects funding can be used to support the delivery of infrastructure such as:
- additional, or extension of, social facilities
- improvements to paths, walkways and the local environment
While new developments are generally expected to meet their own infrastructure needs, the funding can be used to support wider community infrastructure or facilities which help a community after new development.
Bids for funding need to show that they:
- address community needs identified in local community plans
- produce good value for money
- show that they are possible
The funds can match other sources of funding available.
Apply for Locally Important Projects funding
This fund is currently closed.
Previous Locally Important Projects
Follow the links below to view a map for each round of Locally Important Projects funding. Select the points on the map to view details of the projects.