Grant funding for organisations
We have different types of funding available to community and cultural organisations whose work supports our Council Plan.
Some of the funding is given over a longer time to help groups plan and do more.
Grant funding for community organisations
This grant is going to be administered by The Gateway Group starting 2017 to 2018.
This fund is currently closed
Locally Important Projects
Locally Important Projects (LIPs) funding can be used to support the delivery of infrastructure such as additional or extension of social facilities, improvements to paths, walkways and the local environment.
The Locally Important Projects (LIPs) fund is now closed.
Business bike parking grants are now available to support businesses in enabling their employees to cycle to work.
Grant funding guidance and training
Other grant funding for organisations
- Funding Central for voluntary community organisations to find funding for their project
- Cumbria Community Foundation provides a wealth of information regarding potential sources of grant funding
- Cumbria County Council community grants
- Big Lottery Fund funding finder for community groups and projects that improve health, education and the environment
- The Arts Council England invests money from government and the National Lottery in arts and culture across England
- Sport England funding for sporting activities
- Postcode Trust awards funding to causes that support a better world for people and planet
- For the Neighbourhood Care Independence small grants programme for community groups apply via Cumbria CVS
- Walney Extension Community Fund. DONG Energy has committed to a fund worth approximately £600,000 a year for the lifetime of the wind farm project, with two closing dates each year
- For Parish and Town Councils a future source of funding could be Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)