Grant funding for organisations
Last Updated: 6 April 2021
If you are looking for funding to support a business, community project or cultural organisation then we offer some funding opportunities and can also offer guidance and advice.
Below you will find a range of sources of funding from ourselves and other local and national organisations too.
If you are starting a local project it's a good idea to talk to your local councillors also for any support they can provide. Find your local councillors.
Locally Important Projects
Locally Important Projects (LIPs) are projects we fund that meet local community needs.
The funding can be used to support the delivery of infrastructure, for example paths, village/town hall restoration and improvements, playground improvements etc.
The Locally Important Projects (LIPs) fund is now closed, we will update this page when funding is available.
Groups can apply for funding to help improve changing facilities for people with disabilities and additional needs. This can support feasibility studies or initial costs for the installation of facilities in line with the standards recommended by Changing Places.
The Changing Places fund is now closed, we will update this page when funding is available.
Grant funding guidance
Funding advice and support can be found at Cumbria Council for Voluntary Service (CVS).
External grant funding for organisations
- The Gateway Group have a budget each year to support local organisations who help deliver the priorities of the Council’s Plan
- Rural Funding Digest is a monthly summary of grant funding opportunities in rural areas
- Cumbria Community Foundation provides information on potential sources of grant funding
- Cumbria County Council community grants are available for projects that demonstrate lasting community benefit
- Cumberland Community Fund provide funding to charities and voluntary organisations in the local area
- Big Lottery Fund funding finder for projects that support communities
- Heritage Fund for projects that support heritage
- Arts Council England invests money from government and the National Lottery in arts and culture across England
- Sport England funding for sporting activities
- The Sporting Capital Fund is a social investment fund to develop community sport organisations
- Postcode Trust awards funding to causes that support a better world for people and planet
- Walney Extension Community Fund. DONG Energy has committed to a fund worth approximately £600,000 a year for the lifetime of the wind farm project, with two closing dates each year
- The Frieda Scott Trust provides grants to charities and community groups in the South Lakeland area
- The Francis Scott Trust provide grants to charitable organisations to address the needs of young people in the most deprived areas of Cumbria and North Lancashire
- BBC Children in Need awards grants each year to organisations supporting disadvantaged children and young people in the UK
- PCC Commissioners Community Fund provides grants for local community, third sector and voluntary groups within Cumbria
- Trusthouse Charitable Foundation offer grants to support village halls in remote and economically deprived rural areas