Grant funding for organisations
Applications for grant funding
We have different types of funding available to community and cultural organisations whose work supports our Council Plan.
Some of the funding is given over a longer time to help groups plan and do more.
This grant is going to be administered by The Gateway Group starting 2017 to 2018.
We will update the website as more information becomes available.
This fund is currently closed
Locally Important Projects
Locally Important Projects (LIPs) funding can be used to support the delivery of infrastructure such as additional or extension of social facilities, improvements to paths, walkways and the local environment.
This fund is now closed
More information is available on the LIPs webpage
Are you a business looking for finance? Visit our Invest in South Lakeland website.
Business Bike Parking grants are now available to support businesses in enabling their employees to cycle to work.
Grant guidance and training
Cumbria CVS offer funding advice and support, opporunities to meet funders, and advice and training on funding.
Other grants available
- To find funding for your project try using Funding Central which is a search engine for voluntary community organisations.
- Cumbria Community Foundation provides a wealth of information regarding potential sources of grant funding
- Cumbria County Council community grants
- Every year the Big Lottery fund give out millions of pounds from the National Lottery to good causes, including their Awards for All programme . They fund community groups and projects that improve health, education and the environment. To find the most suitable programme for you search the big lottery funder finder
- The Arts Council England invests money from government and the National Lottery in arts and culture across England. This funds a wide range of activities – from theatre to digital art, reading to dance, music to literature, crafts to collections; and helps us achieve our mission of ‘Great art and culture for everyone. View the open programmes on the Arts Council
- Funding for sporting activities from Sport England
- The People's Postcode Lottery is a grant giving Trust, awarding funding to good causes that support a better world for people and planet. Postcode Trust
- For the Neighbourhood Care Independence small grants programme for community groups apply via Cumbria CVS
- Walney Extension Community Fund, DONG Energy has committed to a Fund worth approximately £600,000 a year for the lifetime of the wind farm project, with two closing dates each year.
- For Parish and Town Councils a future source of funding could be Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) which you can read more about on the CIL webpage.