Grant funding for organisations
Community Grant Funding
Grant funding of up to £500 is available for voluntary or community organisations to support activities that improve the quality of life in South Lakeland. The funding is managed by The Gateway Group on our behalf, and applications will need to reflect key elements of our Council Plan.
Community Grant Funding is now open. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 31 October 2018.
To make an application, or find out more information, go to the Compass in Cumbria website.
Locally Important Projects
Locally Important Projects (LIPs) funding can be used to support the delivery of infrastructure such as additional or extension of social facilities, improvements to paths, walkways and the local environment.
The Locally Important Projects (LIPs) fund is now closed.
South Cumbria Community Safety Partnership (CSP)
The South Cumbria CSP can award funding to organisations whose projects support the CSP's current priorities.
For example, we have funded Cumbria Alcohol and Drug Addiction Service (CADAS) to work with children in schools on drug and alcohol topics as well as risk taking behaviour. We have also funded a booklet for farms with health, fire and crime prevention information and a leaflet for rural households on avoiding scams and fraud.
For an application form or for more information please contact email@example.com.
Business bike parking grants are now available to support businesses in enabling their employees to cycle to work.
Grant funding guidance
Funding advice and support can be found at Cumbria Council for Voluntary Service (CVS).
External grant funding for organisations
- Rural Funding Digest is a monthly summary of grant funding opportunities in rural areas.
- Funding Central for voluntary community organisations to find funding for their project
- Cumbria Community Foundation provides information on potential sources of grant funding
- Cumbria County Council community grants are available for projects that demonstrate lasting community benefit.
- The Cumberland Charitable Foundation provide funding to charities and voluntary organisations in the local area
- Big Lottery Fund funding finder for projects that support communities
- Heritage Lottery Fund for projects that support heritage
- Arts Council England invests money from government and the National Lottery in arts and culture across England
- Sport England funding for sporting activities
- The Sporting Capital Fund is a social investment fund to develop community sport organisations.
- Postcode Trust awards funding to causes that support a better world for people and planet
- Walney Extension Community Fund. DONG Energy has committed to a fund worth approximately £600,000 a year for the lifetime of the wind farm project, with two closing dates each year
- The Frieda Scott Trust provides grants to charities and community groups in the South Lakeland area
- The Francis Scott Trust provide grants to charitable organisations to address the needs of young people in the most deprived areas of Cumbria and North Lancashire
- BBC Children in Need awards grants each year to organisations supporting disadvantaged children and young people in the UK
- Hadfield Trust provides grants for charitable organisations in Cumbria
- PCC Commissioners Community Fund provides grants for local community, third sector and voluntary groups within Cumbria
- Trusthouse Charitable Foundation offer grants to support village halls in remote and economically deprived rural areas
- Magic Little Grants offer up to £500 to small charities and community groups that deliver engaging physical activities