Search for a planning application
Last Updated: 25 May 2022
There are a number of different ways you can search for a planning application, use the mapping tool, search the planning register, search the weekly list or search archived planning applications.
Search for planning applications on our map
Use our online mapping to find SLDC planning applications near your home, or near a specific address.
- When the map opens you will see planning applications marked as a white square with a red diamond.
- In the 'Current Address' field, at the top of the map, enter the address details of the property you want to look at.
- The map will zoom in on the property and mark it with a 'target' icon.
- Zoom out on the map using your mouse (or the scrolling tool in the top left hand corner of the map) to see SLDC planning applications near the property, or anywhere in our district.
- To find details of the application click on the white square with a red diamond icon. In the pop up click on the reference link. Find out what information is on the planning register
Large parts of our area are covered by national parks, which have their own planning authorities. If the planning application you are looking for is in a national park, you can find it on the park's websites:
Our mapping does not include applications made before 1988. Search for archived applications submitted before 1988
Search the planning register
If you know the planning application reference you can search the planning register.
Fill in, just one, of the following fields:
- application reference number, for example SL/2014/9999 (enter the slashes and the year in full)
- case officer
- the register contains all planning applications received by us from November 1988
- for applications after Jan 2006 you can see all the documents (except financial or sensitive material) submitted with a planning application
- for applications between Nov 1988 and Jan 2006 full documentation is not available on the register. To find the documents you will need to search for archived applications
If the application is invalid, you will not be able to see it until we have the required information.
You can normally see an application online within five days of receipt of a valid application.
Search the weekly list of planning applications
This includes all applications received and decided.
If you have a reference number we can find the information for you and send it to you by email. There is no charge for this service, unless you request printed information.
If you don't have a reference number please put your request in writing or email. Please give us as much detail as possible, including a location plan. We will do our best to retrieve the information for you. There is a charge for this service.
Planning application search fees
- searches for applications relating to individual dwellings, £36
- searches for most commercial or large developments, £72
- we may charge a pre arranged fee for very complex sites