Search for a planning application
Last Updated: 29 November 2023
There are a number of different ways you can search for a planning applications, the planning register, the weekly list, or search archived planning applications.
Search for planning applications and weekly lists
You can search for planning applications using quick search, search the planning register.
Information available on the planning register:
- the register contains all planning applications received by us from 1988
- for applications between 1988 and 2010 full documentation is not available on the register
- for applications after 2010 you can see all the documents (except financial or sensitive material) submitted with a planning application
Or you can search our weekly list of planning applications.
Large parts of our area are covered by national parks, which have their own planning authorities. If the planning application you are looking for is in a national park, you can find it on the park's websites:
Search for archived planning applications
If you have a reference number we can find the information for you and send it to you by email. There is no charge for this service, unless you request printed information.
If you don't have a reference number please put your request in writing or email. Please give us as much detail as possible, including a location plan. We will do our best to retrieve the information for you. There is a charge for this service.
Planning application search fees
- searches for applications relating to individual dwellings, £36
- searches for most commercial or large developments, £72
- we may charge a pre-arranged fee for very complex sites
South Lakeland area, Development Management (Kendal Office):
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0300 373 3300
- Address: South Lakeland House, Lowther Street, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 4DQ
Eden area, Development Management (Penrith Office):