Off Street Parking Places Order 2004 (Amendment No 16) Order 2022
Last Updated: 16 September 2022
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that South Lakeland District Council proposes to make the above Order in exercise of their powers under Section 35 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, with the consent of Cumbria County Council in accordance with Section 39 (1) of the Act and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part Ill of Schedule 9 of the Act. The effect of which will amend the above-mentioned Order as listed below:
- This Order shall come into force on 1 April 2022 and shall be cited as the South Lakeland District Council (Off Street Parking Places) Order 2004 (Amendment No 17) Order 2022.
- The South Lakeland District Council (Off Street Parking Places) Order 2004 is hereby amended as detailed in the table below.
Car Park Name, location and tariff type Amendment Vehicle class Days of operation Operating hours Maximum waiting period Period Charge & notes
Ferry Nab, Bowness
Establish conditions 4 All days 24 hours 24 hours
Up to 12 hours
Up to 3 days
Up to 7 days
All car parks owned and managed by SLDC (not including Brewery Street in Ulverston,
Low Fold in Ambleside and New Road 2, Kirkby Lonsdale)
Establish conditions relating to EV charging. All All days Payment using the appropriate hourly tariff is required whilst using an EV Charging Bay.
Any vehicle using an EV charging point must be charging the vehicle. Failure to do so will result in
Contravention 71 will be introduced to manage the EV charging points to enable enforcement action.
Standard permit Lake District National Park only: £495.00
Standard permit outside LDNP only: £495.00
*Standard permit all areas: £550.00
Transferable permit LDNP only: £570.00
Transferable permit outside LDNP only: £570.00
*Transferable permit all areas: £625.00
Business permit: £660.00
Use of Westmorland Shopping Centre (Not business permit): £30.00
A rated vehicles discount (Standards permit only): £100.00
Milnthorpe Park Rd and Beetham Rd permit: £255.00
Lost Standard and Transferable permit: £37.00
Lost Business permit: £52.00
7 day ticket: £35.00
3 day ticket: £18.00
Ferry Nab parking permit: 198.00
Contract spaces (single Low Fellside): £745.00
Contract spaces (double Low Fellside): £1,480.00
Contract spaces (single Highgate Bowman): £745.00
WSC is Westmorland Shopping Centre Kendal
LDNP is Lake District National Park
Class 1: Motor car
Class 2: Public Service Vehicle 17 seat and cover
Class 3: Commercial Heavy Goods Vehicle, laden capacity 3.5T or over
Class 4: Motor Car and Trailer
Class 5: Motorhome
Penalty Charge Notice
(50% reduction if paid within 14 days)
Higher level: £70.00
Lower level: £50.00
3. In all other effects The South Lakeland District Council (Off Street Parking Places) Order 2004 (as amended) shall remain in full force and effect.
4. A copy of the proposed Order may be examined at the Council offices at South Lakeland House, Lowther Street, Kendal, Cumbria L19 4UQ during the normal office hours or on the South Lakeland District Council's website.
5. Any objections to the proposals, together with the grounds on which they are made, must be sent in writing to Legal, Governance and Democracy Services, South Lakeland House, Lowther Street, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 4UQ by no later than 25th March 2022.
6. All written representations received concerning Traffic Regulation Orders are public documents that may be inspected by any person on demand.
Dated 3 March 2021
Linda Fisher, Legal Governance and Democracy Lead Specialist (Monitoring Officer), South Lakeland District Council, South Lakeland House, Lowther Street, Kendal LA9 4UQ