Social Housing

Last Updated: 3 April 2024

We have no housing stock. Social housing in South Lakeland, also referred to as Council Housing, is owned and provided by housing associations.

If you are looking for social rented homes you must join ‘Cumbria Choice’ housing register using the online system: Cumbria Choice Based Lettings.

You may also want to refer to the following information about the services offered: Cumbria Choice: frequently asked questions

We are not able to answer general queries relating to your housing application or bandings. For help relating to the housing register or your housing application, contact South Lakes Housing on 0300 303 8540 who administer the register locally.

Current homeless applicants may contact their Housing Options Case Manager, details listed below.