Supported and extra care housing
There are a number of supported housing schemes which provide support so that residents can eventually move on to their own home.
There are schemes for people with:
- learning disabilities
- physical disabilities
- mental health problems
- issues with domestic violence
- problems with homelessness
Housing related support can help with:
- becoming more independent
- applying for benefits, budgeting and managing debt
- finding somewhere to live and setting up home
- access to other support or community services
- support to access work or training
- dealing with other professionals, family and neighbours and access to advice and guidance
- support to maintain health and well being
- security of the home and personal safety
Referrals can be made through Cumbria County Council's Central Access Point.
Supported accommodation for people with disabilities
Fair Oak Housing Association. Telephone: 01539 720 082
Leonard Cheshire Disability. Telephone: 01539 442 500
Extra care housing
Extra care housing schemes are housing for older people who also require care services. These schemes provide an on site care team along with a scheme manager.
Schemes with homes for rent are located in Kendal and Ambleside managed by Impact Housing Association.
Telephone: 03448 736 290
Impact also has a shared equity scheme in Kendal where you purchase a share in the home. Contact Impact for more information.
South Lakes Housing has an extra care scheme at Windermere that includes dementia friendly elements. Telephone: 0300 303 8540