Policy on Discharging the Homelessness Duty
This policy considers a number of factors in discharging the homelessness duty in the private rented sector, namely:
- in what circumstances of a private rented sector tenancy be suitable for a statutory homeless household?
- can a sufficient supply of private rented properties be made available for this purpose?
- is the property in a 'suitable' condition in terms of standards and management?
- will the property be affordable to the ingoing tenants?
- is the property a 'suitable' offer taking into account the need to be a reasonable distance from work, schools etc.