Save time, do it online: Pay Apply Report

Save VAT on your repairs

Has your empty home been unoccupied (continuously) for two or more years?

If so, we can help you save 15% VAT on lots of your repairs costs.  If you use a VAT-registered contractor and you don’t buy materials or do the work yourself you can make great savings.   

We can write you a letter confirming how long the home has been empty. Just give that letter to your builder and they can charge you only 5% VAT (instead of the usual 20%) on lots of services. You just need to check first with our council tax team on 01539 793245 that you are the named owner of the property.

NICEIC Electrical contractors is an independent body for electrical installation matters 

Gas Safety Register is the official list of gas engineers who re qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances

Federation of Master Builders (FMB)

National Federation of Builders (NFB) 

British Property Federation (BPF)