Affordable housing: grants
Affordable housing grants can be used alongside other types of funding available to local communities.
They are not used to supplement other council affordable housing funds such as affordable housing renovation grants.
Organisations which can apply for the grants are:
- housing associations
- community land trusts
We will assess if the project addresses community needs. This will depend on:
- local housing needs
- our corporate priority of providing homes which meet need
- other corporate priorities
The project needs to provide good value for money and deliverability by demonstrating that:
- costs and time scales have been researched and are realistic
- funding is available to meet the total costs of the project (aside from the council funding required)
- no other sources of funding are available
- there are enough resources for the project's future maintenance
- the level of funding is justified
- the grant per affordable home is good value for money
- the project or scheme has or is likely to obtain planning permission (if required)
Examples of appropriate uses of the funds can be found in the guidance notes (Appendix A) with the affordable housing grants application form (PDF/28.9KB/4 pages).
You can send us your bid at any time.