Save time, do it online: Pay Apply Report

Council Tax appeals

Liability for Council Tax

If you consider that you are not liable to pay Council Tax, for example, because you are not the resident or owner, or because your property is exempt, or if we have made a mistake calculating your bill, you must first notify us in writing giving reasons why you are unhappy with the decision.

If you are still unhappy with our decision you can thenĀ appeal to the Valuation Tribunal Service.

You should continue to pay your Council Tax bill while your appeal is outstanding. Any overpayment will be refunded in full if your appeal is successful.