Ten top tips for tendering
Last Updated: 17 May 2023
- Read the documents in detail and make sure you have a strong understanding of what you need to do. If in doubt ask questions via the Chest in plenty of time.
- Be clear on deadlines and ensure your proposal is on time by giving yourself enough time to upload documents to the Chest. We cannot accept a tender that is late.
- Before sending your tender make sure all required documentation is complete and supporting evidence is included.
- Make sure your response is relevant to the specification.
- Always consider the points/weighting allocated for the evaluation.
- Do not change the documents, this can mean that important information is missed and can lead to exclusion.
- Label all supporting documents clearly.
- Keep answers concise but clear. Give sufficient detail so we can grasp what is proposed. Remember, not all officers have an in depth knowledge of the good/service.
- Follow the instructions.
- Where it is requested that expressions of interest, clarification questions and submissions are made via the Chest, please make sure that they are.