Private hire vehicle licence
How to apply
New vehicles that have not previously been licensed as a taxi in our area should be less than five years old, and less than seven years old if wheelchair accessible.
If you would like to apply for a private hire vehicle licence you should fill in the:
- private hire vehicle application form (PDF/482KB/5 pages)
- proprietorship requisition form (PDF/24KB/1 page)
- plate order form (DOC/542KB/1 page)
Return your completed application along with the following documentation:
- MOT certificate and vehicle inspection sheet, the vehicle should be tested at one of the approved garages listed on the application form (these must be dated within 28 days of us receiving the application)
- valid insurance certificate/cover note
- V5 document/new keepers part/proof of purchase
The application should also be submitted with the relevant fee:
- new private hire vehicle (up to three years old, one year licence): £155.08
- new private hire vehicle (over three years old, one year licence): £185.77
- full set of plates: £180.16
Existing holders of a private hire vehicle licence will be forwarded the relevant application forms approximately one month prior to the renewal date.