Health and safety in the workplace
Our Food and Safety Group is responsible for health and safety in:
- guest houses
- catering services
- care homes
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is responsible for:
- building sites
Our environmental health (health and safety) officers inspect workplaces to make sure they are obeying the law.
They investigate accidents and complaints.
Their main aim is to help employers understand the importance of health and safety, and to inform them of the action they must take.
Enforcement is only necessary as a last resort.
How to report accidents
- post form F2508 to:
Incident Contact Centre
Caerphilly Business Park
- report injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences directly to RIDDOR
- telephone 0845 300 9923 (charged at local call rate)
- fax form F2508 to 0845 300 9924 (charged at local call rate)
If you are unsure if an accident should be reported you can either call:
- the incident contact centre on 0845 300 9923
- the Public Health and Licensing Group on 01539 733 333
For further information on the Independent Regulatory Challenge Panel.