Save time, do it online: Pay Apply Report

Health and safety in the workplace

Our Food and Safety Group is responsible for health and safety in:

  • offices
  • shops
  • hotels
  • guest houses
  • catering services
  • care homes
  • warehouses

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is responsible for:

  • factories
  • farms
  • building sites
  • nursing

Our role

Our environmental health (health and safety) officers inspect workplaces to make sure they are obeying the law.

They investigate accidents and complaints.

Their main aim is to help employers understand the importance of health and safety, and to inform them of the action they must take.

Enforcement is only necessary as a last resort.

How to report accidents

  • by post on form F2508 to: Incident Contact Centre
    Caerphilly Business Park
    CF83 3GG
  • online at
  • by telephone: 0845 300 9923 (charged at local call rate)
  • by fax on form F2508: 0845 300 9924 (charged at local call rate)

If you are unsure if an accident should be reported you can either call:

  • the incident contact centre on 0845 300 9923
  • the Public Health and Licensing Group on 01539 733 333

For further information on the Independent Regulatory Challenge Panel.