Pay Apply Report


Drainage is the process that allows water and waste water to be carried away from one area to another by either natural or man made channels. 

Road drainage

The drainage of adopted roads (public highways) is the responsibility of Cumbria County Council. 

Whilst the gullies on public highways are cleaned out regularly, if you notice that they become blocked they may cause flooding and you should report this to Cumbria County Council.

Watercourse pollution

If you suspect that a watercourse has become polluted you should report this to the Environment Agency as soon as possible. They can be contacted on 0800 807 060.

Foul drainage  

This is the removal of sewage from your property by mains drain or septic tank. 

Responsibilities for public and private foul drainage systems

Positive Feedback Okay Feedback Negative Feedback