South Lakeland Health and Wellbeing Forum
The South Lakeland Health and Wellbeing Forum will provide ways of working together among partner agencies and communities, in order to deliver high quality health and social care services and improved health and wellbeing outcomes for the residents of South Lakeland.
The Forum is recognised by the Cumbria Health and Wellbeing Board. The forum will:
- have an overview of local issues
- provide a means of bringing together partners
- connect with local communities
- organise resources to impact on health and wellbeing
- have a key role of ensuring that locality issues are represented at the Cumbria Health and Wellbeing Board
The forum will prioritise their work around the following three major life stages with appropriate priorities for each group. For South Lakeland these have been identified as:
- Children and young people: diet and exercise, educational attainment and emotional health
- Working age adults: housing, good employment, activity and physical health
- Older adults: loneliness, maintaining independence and access
The Forum will oversee health and wellbeing outcomes in South Lakeland, to provide:
- seamless care
- improved health and wellbeing
- reduced health inequalities
- efficient use of available resources
- an approach which builds community assets for health and wellbeing
Forum members will be expected to agree the way forward and commit to actions to deliver agreed work. Task and Finish groups will be used as needed to support the work of the Forum.
South Lakeland Health and Wellbeing Forum Terms of Reference (PDF/104KB/3 pages).
Date of next meeting
- 6 July 2017