Councillors' register of interests
All members, co-opted members of district, and parish councils must complete a register of interests form to register their financial and other interests.
Councillors must provide the following details:
- any employment or business, including:
- the name of their employer
- name of any firms at which they are a partner
- details of any directorships held
- people who paid towards their expenses
- contracts between themselves or their firm and the council
- interests in any land or property in the area
- any licences to occupy land in the area
- any tenancies held where the council is the landlord
- membership of organisations, including bodies to which they have been appointed by the council
- any offer of gifts or hospitality of a value over £50 that they have received in their capacity as a member
Members must complete a register of interests form within 28 days of being elected.
View councillors' register of interests
Our Monitoring Officer maintains the full register of district and parish councillors’ interests. You can arrange to see this by appointment, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm at South Lakeland House, Kendal. To arrange an appointment, please contact Committee Services.