We are committed to giving the best level of service to everyone. Our Customer Charter says what you can expect of us.
Our 10 Commitments to you
- Provide a quick and reliable service
- Try and answer your queries straight away
- Provide easy to read, jargon-free information
- Ensure our reception areas are clean and easy to use
- Protect your personal data
- Make it easy for you to comment on our services
- Make sure all our customers have equal access to services
- Give excellent customer service
- Respect your privacy and offer you private meeting rooms
- Publish our response times for communications to the council
In return we ask that you
- treat us with respect
- explain to us clearly what you need giving us all the relevant information
- keep appointments with us or tell us if you need to cancel
- give us any documents we might need to help you
- tell us what you think and how we can improve
- ask us to explain anything you are not sure about
We’ll give you a full response or update within 10 working days
(Corporate email addresses e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- emails are acknowledged within one working day
- all correspondents will receive either a full response or a report on progress made within 10 working days of the date we receive it (separate conditions apply to Freedom of Information requests)
All calls to our contact centre will be answered within 20 seconds.
You will be seen within five minutes at our reception areas in South Lakeland House (Kendal), Ulverston Town Hall and Langstone House (Windermere).
If you have any questions or comments email email@example.com.
Or you can write to us at South Lakeland House, Lowther Street, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4DQ.