We carry out detailed procedures, protocols and guidance for staff on Surveillance as set out below.
Select the form you require from the links below:
- RIPA1: Application for authorisation to carry out Directed Surveillance (DOC/74KB/5 pages)
- RIPA2: Application for renewal of Directed Surveillance Authorisation (DOC/53.5KB/3 pages)
- RIPA3: Review of a Directed Surveillance Authorisation (DOC/53.5KB/5 pages)
- RIPA4: Cancellation of a Directed Surveillance Authorisation (DOC/42KB/2 pages)
- RIPA5: Application for Authorisation of the Use or Conduct of a Covert Human Intelligence Source (CHIS) (DOC/72.5KB/6 pages)
- RIPA6: Application for Renewal of a Covert Human Intelligence Source (Chis) Authorisation (DOC/57.5KB/4 pages)
- RIPA7: Review of a Covert Human Intelligence Source (CHIS) Authorisation (DOC/56.5KB/4 pages)
- RIPA8: Cancellation of an Authorisation for the Use or Conduct of a Covert Human Intelligence Source (DOC/42KB/2 pages)
Designated Officers are currently authorised under the legislation to consider applications for authorisation. These are set out in our constitution and are as follows:
The Chief Executive, Director People and Places, Assistant Director Resources (Section 151 Officer) and Assistant Director Neighbourhood Services.
The Solicitor to the Council on 01539 733 333.
Guidance is available from Surveillance Commissioners.
Guidance and relevant Codes of Practice are accessible on Home Office.