How to make a request

Last Updated: 31 July 2023

For Freedom of Information and Environmental Information requests

  • for Freedom of Information fill in the online form below
  • for Environmental Information you can ask in writing or verbally

In both cases you will need to let us know:

  • your real name (name of applicant)
  • an address for us to contact you (for example, email or postal address)
  • detailed description of what you want to know

Information Commissioners Office guide on how to access information from a public body

Send an FOI request

Send an EIR request

If you are unable to use the form or make a request in writing, please email:

How to ask to see your own information

A request to see your own information is called a Subject Access Request. When asking to see your own information you must provide:

  • your name and address
  • details of the service(s) you are receiving
  • any other information such as date of birth, gender, householder status (eg tenant, owner) you think may help us find your information. If you have any difficulty with the form, help will be provided. 

You can also contact us if you think any information about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or if you want to change the sort of information about you that we may have collected.

To make a subject access request either:

The Data Protection Officer
South Lakeland District Council

Further guidance on any personal data we collect and hold is outlined in our data protection and privacy policy information.