Parish Elections 2021

This page explains which parish and town councils are up for election on 6 May, which councils will have a poll and which are uncontested. It contains links to find out which parish you live in and how to contact your parish or town council. 

Parish and Town Councils up for election this year

  • Blawith & Subberthwaite Parish Council
  • Broughton East Parish Council
  • Burton-in-Kendal Parish Council
  • Cartmel Fell
  • Claife Parish Fell
  • Colton Parish Council
  • Coniston Parish Council
  • Crook Parish Council
  • Crosthwaite & Lyth Parish Council
  • Haverthwaite Parish Council
  • Hawkshead Parish Council
  • Helsington Parish Council
  • Heversham Parish Council
  • Holme Parish Council
  • Levens Parish Council
  • Lindale & Newton-in-Cartmel Parish Council
  • Lowick Parish Council
  • Milnthorpe Parish Council
  • Preston Richard Parish Council
  • Satterthwaite Parish Council
  • Sedgwick Parish Council
  • Skelwith Parish Council
  • Stainton Parish Council
  • Staveley-in-Cartmel Parish Council
  • Staveley-with-Ings Parish Council
  • Torver Parish Council
  • Ulverston Town Council
  • Witherslack, Meathop & Ulpha Parish Council

Notice of Election for Parishes in the South Lakeland area (PDF 129KB / 2 pages)

Contested elections 

The elections for Ulverston Town Council and Crosthwaite & Lyth Parish Council are contested (there are more candidates than there are vacancies) and polls will be held on Thursday 6 May. Further notices (eg Notices of Poll and Situation of Polling Stations) will be published in due course. 

Ulverston Town Council

Crosthwaite & Lyth Parish Council

Uncontested elections

Elections for the other parish councils are not contested and there won't be a poll on 6 May, because there were fewer (or the same number of) candidates nominated than there are spaces on the councils.

Statements of Persons Nominated for each parish are provided below and further notices confirming the results of the uncontested elections will be published in due course.

How to find your parish or town council

Find out which parish you live in 

  1. When the map opens you will see the parish boundaries marked, in red and labelled with the parish name
  2. In the 'Current Address' field, at the top of the map, enter the address details of your property
  3. The map will zoom in on the property and mark it with a 'target' icon
  4. Zoom out on the map using your mouse (or the scrolling tool in the top left hand corner of the map) to see where the property is in relation to the parish boundary

Contact your parish or town council