Planning policy consultations
The Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) sets out our approach to engaging the community when preparing or revising Local Plan documents. It also explains how the community will be consulted on planning applications.
Details of any consultations we are undertaking will appear on this page. Please sign up to our mailing list to be notified of upcoming consultations.
Join our mailing list
If you would like to be added to our Local Plan mailing list, please email your details along with confirmation that you consent to your data being held for the purposes of Local Plan consultations.
If you would like to be removed from our mailing list:
General Data Protection Regulations
Your personal contact data will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2016. This data will be used solely in connection with consultation on Local Plan documents and will not be shared with any third parties outside of the Council. Please note that when you make a response to a consultation, your name and organisation (if applicable) will appear on the published list of responses and cannot be treated as confidential.
We are currently engaging with local communities and stakeholders on the first stage of our Local Plan Review. More information about the review and all the relevant documents can be found on our Local Plan Review page.
If you would like to share your views please visit our CitizenSpace consultation page by using the links below:
- Local Plan Review Short Survey: this is a short survey with six questions designed for people who want a quick introduction to the Local Plan Review.
- Local Plan Review Discussion Paper Survey: this is a longer survey designed for people who have read our more detailed Discussion Paper.
The deadline for consultation responses is 15 May 2020.
We are also holding a series of drop in events where you can come along and speak to the council officers who are reviewing the Local Plan. Please come along and join in the conversation:
- Thursday 27 February, Kirkby Lonsdale, Lunesdale Hall from 3pm to 7:30pm
- Tuesday 3 March, Grange-over-Sands, Victoria Hall from 3pm to 7:30pm
- Monday 9 March, Ulverston, Coronation Hall from 3pm to 7:30pm
- Tuesday 17 March, Kendal, The MintWorks from 3pm to 7:30pm (POSTPONED)
- Thursday 19 March, Milnthorpe, M:Hub from 3pm to 7:30pm (POSTPONED)
Previous consultation on Local Plan documents
Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment: Consultation on Proposed Methodology 8 January 2020 to 14 February 2020.