Neighbourhood Plans Overview
People can have a say on new developments in their area by working together to prepare:
- neighbourhood plans
- neighbourhood development orders
If your community is thinking about preparing a neighbourhood plan contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us as early as possible so we can help you decide on the way forward.
You may also find it useful to read the Neighbourhood Planning protocol (PDF/242KB/7 pages).
Neighbourhood Areas in the national parks are designated by the National Park Authorities and information about their Neighbourhood Plans can be found on their websites.
Grange Neighbourhood Plan Submission consultation
Grange-over-Sands Town Council are working on preparing a Neighbourhood Plan. The neighbourhood plan area, covering Grange Parish, was approved by our Cabinet on 26 November 2014.
The Town Council submitted the Neighbourhood Plan and associated documents to us on 14 November 2017.
We are now consulting on the submission documents for 6 weeks from Thursday 11 January to 5pm Thursday 22 February 2018:
- Grange-over-Sands Neighbourhood Plan, Submission Version (PDF/6MB/68 pages)
- Consultation Statement (PDF/1.7MB/41 pages)
- Basic Conditions Statement (PDF/766KB/14 pages)
Comments on the Plan can be made by:
- using our online response facility
- emailing email@example.com
- writing to Development Plans Manager, South Lakeland District Council, South Lakeland House, Lowther Street, Kendal, LA9 4DQ
Neighbourhood plans in South Lakeland
Neighbourhood planning guidance
The Campaign to Protect Rural England and the National Association of Local Councils have produced a guide called How to shape where you live: a guide to neighbourhood planning.
There is also additional information at Planning Help.
Government guidance includes:
- A guide to neighbourhood planning
- The Neighbourhood Planning section of the National Planning Policy Guidance
Cumbria Association of Local Councils and Action with Communities in Cumbria have produced a Local Guide to Neighbourhood Planning.