Grange-over-Sands Neighbourhood Plan
The Grange-over-Sands Neighbourhood Plan referendum took place on 26 July 2018. As the referendum was successful, the plan now forms part of the Development Plan for South Lakeland and will be used to guide land use and development proposals within Grange-over-Sands Parish until 2027.
We have now formally 'made' (adopted) the plan and have published a Regulation 19 Decision Statement to reflect this.
- Grange-over-Sands Neighbourhood Plan (PDF/5.6MB/70 pages)
- Appendix 7, Grange-over-Sands Design Guide (PDF/5.4MB/35 pages)
- Regulation 19 Decision Statement (PDF/26KB/1 page)
The final plan* and the decision statement can be viewed at the following locations during normal opening hours:
- South Lakeland House, Lowther Street, Kendal, LA9 4DQ
- Grange Library, Grange Fell Road, Grange-over-Sands, LA11 6BQ
- Grange Town Council Offices, Victoria Hall, Main St, Grange-over-Sands, LA11 6DP
*to avoid confusion, the final plan is dated July 2018 and it consists of the main document and Appendix 7.
Earlier stages in the preparation of the Neighbourhood Plan
Grange Town Council submitted the Neighbourhood Plan to us on 14 November 2017. We then held a public consultation on the document from 11 January to 22 February 2018.
Following the submission consultation, the Neighbourhood Plan was examined by Independent Examiner Mr Robert Bryan BSc BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI. The Examiner's report can be viewed below.
After receiving the Examiner's report, we updated the submission documents with the examiner's recommended changes and the decision was taken to proceed to referendum. The updated Consultation Statement and Basic Conditions Statement, as well as the referendum decision statement, can be viewed below.
- Consultation Statement (PDF/1.5MB/43 pages)
- Basic Conditions Statement (PDF/736KB/14 pages)
- Reg 18 Decision Statement (PDF/82KB/1 page)
Designation as a Neighbourhood Area
In July 2014, Grange-over-Sands Town Council submitted an application to designate Grange-over-Sands Parish as a neighbourhood area. Following public consultation, the proposed area was formally approved by our Cabinet on 26 November 2014.