Burneside Neighbourhood Plan
As at January 2018, preparation of Burneside Neighbourhood Plan is on hold.
In April 2016, Burneside Parish Council submitted an application to designate the parishes Strickland Roger and Strickland Ketel (excluding the areas allocated for development in South Lakeland District Council's Local Plan known as Land West of High Sparrowmire and part of Land North of Laurel Gardens) as a neighbourhood area. Following public consultation, the proposed area was formally approved by our Cabinet on 29 June 2016.
- Neighbourhood Area Application (PDF/10MB/7 pages)
- Burneside Neighbourhood Area consultation responses
- Formal designation of Burneside Neighbourhood Area (PDF/1.12MB/2 pages)
The Lake District National Park Authority has also approved the application.
Other documents related to the preparation of Burneside Neighbourhood Plan so far:
- Burneside Neighbourhood Plan Objectives Report (PDF/177KB/7 pages)
- Screening Report (PDF/377KB/19 pages)
- Response to screening report from the Environment Agency (PDF/243KB/2 pages)
- Response to screening report from Natural England (PDF/530KB/2 pages)
- Response to screening report from Historic England (PDF/195KB/1 page)