Burneside Neighbourhood Plan
Consultation on Burneside Neighbourhood Area Designation
Burneside Parish Council has submitted an application to us and the Lake District National Park Authority to amend the Burneside Neighbourhood Area. The application proposes a change to the already designated Burneside Neighbourhood Area to include the whole of Burneside Parish.
- Burneside Neighbourhood Area Application 2020 (PDF 56KB / 2 pages)
- Burneside Neighbourhood Area Application: Supporting Statement (PDF 140KB / 2 pages)
- Appendix 1: Proposed area for designation (PDF 1.8MB / 1 page)
For information on the original 2016 designation see below.
Under the Neighbourhood Planning regulations, local planning authorities must approve a Neighbourhood Area where:
- the application is made by a Parish Council, and
- the proposed area includes the whole of the parish
The Neighbourhood Planning regulations do not normally require Local Planning Authorities to invite comments on applications that meet the above criteria. However, in order to satisfy our constitution, comments are invited on this application from Thursday 16 April to Thursday 11 June 2020.
Comments received will be reported and considered under delegated powers by our Director of Strategy, Innovation and Resources and also by the Lake District National Park Authority’s Director of Sustainable Development.
To comment on this application:
- email email@example.com
- write to the Senior Specialist (Strategy), South Lakeland District Council, South Lakeland House, Lowther Street, Kendal, LA9 4DQ to be received by 11 June 2020
Due to the current coronavirus restrictions we cannot make hard copies of the application available for public viewing. If you require a hard copy, please contact us using the details below.
Neighbourhood Area Designation 2016
In April 2016, Burneside Parish Council submitted an application to designate the parishes Strickland Roger and Strickland Ketel (excluding the areas allocated for development in South Lakeland District Council's Local Plan known as Land West of High Sparrowmire and part of Land North of Laurel Gardens) as a neighbourhood area. Following public consultation, the proposed area was formally approved by our Cabinet on 29 June 2016.
- Neighbourhood Area Application (PDF/10MB/7 pages)
- Burneside Neighbourhood Area consultation responses
- Formal designation of Burneside Neighbourhood Area (PDF/1.12MB/2 pages)
The Lake District National Park Authority has also approved the application.