Local plan Core Strategy
Last Updated: 14 October 2022
The Core Strategy provides the strategic planning framework for the district, outside the National Parks. It sets out the long term vision, objectives and policies that will guide proposals in our other local plan documents.
- Core Strategy Document (PDF/4.36MB/180 pages) (Oct 2010)
- Core Strategy Adoption Statement (PDF/96.3KB/2 pages) (Oct 2010)
- Inspector Report (PDF/376KB/63pages) (Aug 2010)
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report (PDF/2MB/70 pages) (April 2008)
- Sustainability Appraisal Statement (PDF/111KB/5 pages) (Oct 2010)
- Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement (PDF/1.6MB/ 257pages) (Oct 2010)
- Appropriate Assessment Report (PDF/1.2MB/58 pages) / Appendices (PDF/929KB/29 pages)
The adoption of the Development Management Policies DPD (DM DPD) and the Arnside and Silverdale AONB DPD has resulted in the replacement of some policies in the Core Strategy either wholly or in part. The Addendum note to the Core Strategy and Land Allocations DPD explains the relationship of the DM DPD and AONB DPD with the Core Strategy in this respect.
Addendum note to the Core Strategy and Land Allocations DPD (PDF 178KB / 6 pages)