The Local Plan Land Allocations document identifies land for different types of development outside the National Parks.
- Local Plan Land Allocations Development Plan Document, December 2013 (PDF 2.66MB / 160 pages)
- Local Plan Land Allocations Adoption Statement, December 2013 (PDF 84KB / 1 page)
- Inspector's Report, November 2013 (PDF 551KB / 80 pages)
Other background documents used in the preparation and examination of the Land Allocations DPD are listed in the library document below. If you would like to view a digital copy of any of the documents listed within, contact us using the details at the bottom of the page.
Our interactive map shows policies, designations and allocations identified in the local plan land allocations - select the "Adopted Local Plan Allocations & Designations" category on the left hand side. If you do not wish to use the interactive map, see the Land Allocations Inset Maps (PDF 27MB / 54 pages).
The adoption of the Development Management Policies DPD (DM DPD) and the Arnside and Silverdale AONB DPD has not resulted in any Land Allocations DPD policies being replaced. However, it has resulted in a number of new site designations in respect to the AONB and the Kendal Canal Head area. Changes to the district wide Policies Map and inset settlement maps for the AONB are detailed in the Policies Maps. Changes to the Kendal Canal Head area are contained in Appendix 2 of the DM DPD. The Addendum note to the Core Strategy and Land Allocations DPD explains the relationship of the DM DPD and AONB DPD with the Land Allocations DPD in this respect.
- Land Allocations Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report (PDF1MB / 86 pages)
- Land Allocations Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF7 80KB / 39 pages)
- Sustainability Appraisal Appendix (PDF 6.3MB / 365 pages)
- Addendum to Sustainability Appraisal Appendix (PDF 51.2KB / 2 pages)
- Post-adoption Sustainability Appraisal Statement (PDF 1.1MB / 8 pages)
- Sustainability Appraisal Process Note (PDF 400KB / 14 pages)
- Main Modifications Sustainability Appraisal Statement (PDF 140KB /4 pages)