Development plans and flood risk
Flood risk assessment plays a part in making the local plan.
We refer to:
- the Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) 2007 (PDF/144pages/27.4MB)
- Environment Agency information on flood risk
- Environment Agency flood map for planning
When referring to the SFRA 2007, full account must also be taken of the latest information on flood risk from:
- The Environment Agency, in regard to river and tidal sources of flooding
- Cumbria County Council as Local Lead Flood Authority in regard to surface water and other sources of flooding.
We are currently updating the SFRA which should be available later in 2018.
You need to consider flood risk if you are making a planning application.
Information on flood risk and how to prepare for and manage it: