Development Management Policies DPD Examination
On Wednesday 28 February 2018 we submitted the Development Management Policies DPD to the Secretary of State (Planning Inspectorate) for Examination.
The Planning Inspectorate has appointed Philip Lewis BA (Hons) MA MRTPI to conduct the examination into whether the DM DPD is sound.
A joint examination will be held with the Arnside and Silverdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty DPD which was also submitted by South Lakeland District Council on 28 February 2018. Further information is available for Arnside and Silverdale AONB DPD Examination.
The Examination will include public hearings, details of which will be published when available.
The Programme Officer for the joint examination is Miss Kerry Trueman. The role of the Programme Officer is to assist the Inspector with the conduct of the examination. The Programme Officer is independent of the council and works for the Inspector.
For all DM DPD examination matters the Programme Officer should be contacted using the details below:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01539 793 560
We will provide key updates in this section as we progress towards the examination.
Submission and Examination documents
The key examination documents are:
- Submission DM DPD (PDF/2.4MB/93 pages)
- Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF/1.3MB/80 pages)
- Sustainability Appraisal Report, Non-technical Summary (PDF/641KB/28 pages)
- Statement of Community Involvement (PDF/400KB/27 pages)
- Representations Statement (PDF/892KB/75 pages) and Appendix 1 (PDF/7MB/485 pages)
- Consultation Statement (PDF/4.7MB/367 pages)
- Statement of Submission (PDF/25KB/2 pages)
A full list of the examination documents and all other documents that supported the preparation of the DPD is available via the Development Management Policies Submission Library (PDF/323KB/26 pages).
Hard copies of the documents listed above are available for inspection during normal opening hours at:
- South Lakeland House, Lowther Street, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 4DQ
- District Council Offices, Coronation Hall, County Square, Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 7LZ
- Libraries in Kendal, Ulverston, Grange over Sands, Milnthorpe, Kirkby Lonsdale and Arnside.
Hard copies of other supporting documents are available on request.