Arnside and Silverdale AONB DPD Examination
On Wednesday 28 February 2018, jointly with Lancaster City Council, we submitted the Arnside and Silverdale AONB DPD to the Secretary of State (Planning Inspectorate) for Examination. An independent Inspector was appointed to examine the DPD for legal compliance and soundness. Hearing sessions took place between 19 and 21 June.
The Programme Officer for the joint examination is Miss Kerry Trueman. The role of the Programme Officer is to assist the Inspector with the conduct of the examination. The Programme Officer is independent of the council and works for the Inspector.
For all AONB DPD examination matters the Programme Officer should be contacted using the details below:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01539 793 560
Consultation on Main Modifications (closed)
Informed by the examination hearings, we published a schedule of Main Modifications to the AONB DPD and invited comments between 25 October and 6 December 2018.
We also invited comments on an addendum to the Sustainability Appraisal (SA) and an updated Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA):
- Sustainability Appraisal Addendum (PDF/655KB/27 pages)
- Updated Habitats Regulations Assessment (PDF/2.2MB/71 pages)
Alongside these documents, we also published a schedule of minor modifications, an updated map book and a track change version of the DPD incorporating both main and minor modifications:
- Updated schedule of Minor Modifications (PDF/201KB/6 pages)
- AONB DPD Policies Map - Inset Map Book (PDF/11MB/6 pages)
- AONB DPD Track Changes (PDF/3.9MB/108 pages)
Documents from earlier stages in the Examination, including the SA report and previous HRA, are available via the Examination Library (PDF/552KB/47 pages).
- All comments relating to the Main Modifications to the AONB DPD, the SA Addendum and the updated HRA will now be submitted to the Inspector.
- The Inspector will consider all the comments received and decide whether any further hearings are required and if any issues need to be revisited.
- The Inspector will then present his final conclusion in a report.
- If the report concludes that the DPD is ‘sound’, the councils can proceed to adopt the DPD, subject to making the Modifications identified.