Arnside and Silverdale AONB DPD Examination
On Wednesday 28 February 2018, jointly with Lancaster City Council, we submitted the Arnside and Silverdale AONB DPD to the Secretary of State (Planning Inspectorate) for Examination.
The Planning Inspectorate has since appointed Philip Lewis BA (Hons) MA MRTPI to conduct the Examination into whether the AONB DPD is sound.
A joint examination will be held with the Development Management Policies DPD, which was also submitted by us on 28 February 2018. Further information is available regarding the Development Management Policies DPD Examination.
The Programme Officer for the joint examination is Miss Kerry Trueman. The role of the Programme Officer is to assist the Inspector with the conduct of the examination. The Programme Officer is independent of the council and works for the Inspector.
For all AONB DPD examination matters the Programme Officer should be contacted using the details below:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01539 793 560
Latest news (5 July 2018)
The Arnside & Silverdale AONB DPD examination hearings took place between 19 and 21 June, and have now closed.
The Inspector's letter to the Councils regarding modifications after the Hearings has now been published.
Submission and Examination documents
The key examination documents are:
- Publication AONB DPD (PDF/3.4MB/91 pages)
- Policies Map (PDF/11.9MB/1page) and Inset Map Book (PDF/8.24MB/6 pages)
- Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF/7.7MB/208 pages)
- Sustainability Appraisal Report: Non Technical Summary (PDF/429KB/13 pages)
- Representations Statement (PDF/596KB/48pages)
- Appendix to Representations Statement (PDF/10.2MB/1332 pages)
- Consultation Statement (PDF/1.57MB/55 pages)
- Consultation Statement - Appendix 4: Summary of responses to Issues and Options and Extra Sites Consultations (PDF/1.84MB/160 pages)
- Consultation Statement - Appendix 5, Part 1: Summary of Draft Plan Consultations responses (PDF/964KB/53 pages)
- Consultation Statement - Appendix 5, Part 2: Summary of Pre-publication Consultation responses (PDF/1.9MB/61 pages)
- Statement of Community Involvement (SLDC) (PDF/404KB/27 pages)
- Statement of Community Involvement (Lancaster City Council) (PDF/707KB/30 pages)
- Statement of Submission (PDF/84KB/2 pages)
Links to all examination documents, as well as other supporting documents are available via the updated AONB DPD Submission/Examination Library V1.14 (updated 5 July 2018) (PDF/878KB/45 pages).
Hard copies of the AONB DPD, Policies Map and Inset Map Book, Sustainability Appraisal Report, Representations Statement, Consultation Statement and Statement of Submission are available for Inspection during normal opening hours at:
- South Lakeland House, Lowther Street, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4UF
- Morecambe Town Hall, Marine Road East, Morecambe, LA4 5AF
- Arnside & Silverdale AONB Offices, The Old Station Building, Arnside, LA5 0HG
- Libraries in Arnside, Carnforth, Kendal, Milnthorpe and Silverdale
Hard copies of other documents are available on request.