Save time, do it online: Pay Apply Report

Ventilation and extraction details

When are ventilation and extraction details required?

Details of ventilation and extraction equipment will be required on all applications that involve A3 (restaurants and cafes), A4 (drinking establishments) and A5 (takeaways) uses. Additionally uses such as laundrettes, hotels and significant industrial developments will require the submission of these details.

Further Guidance

We have produced a Guidance Leaflet (PDF/48KB/2 pages) on the type of information that should be submitted as part of your planning application.