Local land charges overview
VAT Implementation CON29 update
Following the announcement by HMRC that CON29 and CON 29O products submitted to us will be considered to be subject to VAT at the standard rate of 20%. Please see details below:
2017 Key times and dates
- our Local Land Charge system will be closed on Friday 31st March 2017 for software upgrade
- searches received by 3pm on Thursday 30th March 2017 will be as our existing fees and not subject to vat
- searches received after 3pm on Thursday 30th March 2017 will be entered on our system on Monday 3rd April 2017 and will be subject to our revised fees which includes vat
The local land charges team is responsible for:
- maintaining the register of Local Land Charges
- completing officially submitted searches of the Register
- responding to and completing Con 29 Enquiries
How long does it take?
95% of all searches are currently completed within four to five working days from the date of validation.
Historic England - Listings
The National Heritage List for England is an online database which brings together information on all nationally designated heritage assets in one place for the first time.