How to use this service
To carry out a search you will need:
- search request form (PDF 99KB / 2 pages)
- a plan showing the area to be searched, clearly outlined (this should be a clear, up to date plan, to a minimum scale of 1:2500, showing a north point and grid reference).
Please email if you need help.
How to submit a search application
- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to the Local Land Charge section, South Lakeland District Council, South Lakeland House, Lowther Street, Kendal
- via the National Land Information Service
- by DX 63428 KENDAL
- in person to reception
You can pay property search fees:
- by cheque payable to 'South Lakeland District Council' or 'SLDC'
- over the phone, using a credit or debit card
- bank transfer, please call us to make arrangements
The description of the property or land you are searching for should always be detailed in full.
If you are searching for a residential property please make sure it has the correct name/number, street, and village and town detail together with postcode if possible.
If it is a commercial property please include the correct trading name (past/present) followed by a full location description.
For land or fields a full grid reference is helpful followed by a full location description.
Searches can only be cancelled if they have not been received onto our system.