Building control register
Last Updated: 20 November 2023
You can search our map to find information about building control applications we are dealing with or have dealt with in the past.
If you have a building control reference that starts with an 'IN' it has been handled by a private building control business and won't appear on our register.
Search the building control register
All our building control inspections are marked on the map by a red square with a white diamond.
How to use the map:
- To find the property you are looking for enter the postcode, then find the address in the 'search for locations' box at the top of the page, and press the 'Find' button.
- The property you are looking for will be marked by a target icon.
- You can zoom on to the specific address you are looking for by clicking the 'current address' link at the top of the page.
- You can find basic details about the building control inspection, such as the reference number and decision date, by clicking on the red square/white diamond icon. The details will appear in a pop up box.
- You can zoom in and out and move around the map by using your mouse or the scroll bar in the top left of the map.
The online GIS is updated on a weekly basis.
This service is for information only. Every effort is made to ensure it is accurate but we will not accept any liability in respect to loss, damage, or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on this information.
It is important to note that property boundaries do not relate to land ownership, land ownership queries should go to HM Land Registry.
We are sorry that interactive mapping is not accessible for people with visual impairment.
If you require assistance please contact email@example.com.