Save time, do it online: Pay Apply Report

Building control applications

Make your application online

Apply now through our new Planning Portal

  • Simple quick and user friendly
  • Fully automated from start to finish
  • Make safe, secure online payments

Applications can still be made via

Paper based application

There are two ways of telling us that you are going to carry out building work.

1. Full plans application

Suitable for domestic or commercial works and includes plans, specifications, and sometimes structural calculations.

Full plans applications should include:

  • two completed copies of the Full Plans Form (PDF/84 KB/2 pages)
  • two copies of the detailed drawings of the proposed building work to a scale of not less than 1:100
  • two copies of a site or location plan showing proposal site boundaries and position of public sewers, to a scale of not less than 1:1250
  • payment  (in page link to 'Building Control Fees and Guidance Notes' below) 

2. Building notice application

For people experienced in construction doing uncomplicated domestic work.

Building notice applications should include:

  • one copy of a  Building Notice Form (PDF/56 KB/2 pages)
  • a site plan showing the proposed site boundaries and the position of the public sewers drawn to a scale of not less than 1:1250 (if the proposal is for a new building or an extension)
  • payment (in page link to 'Building Control Fees and Guidance Notes' below)  

Regularisation application

When you have carried out work to your property and were then told that you needed approval. Only applicable to work carried out on or after 11 November 1985.

Please contact us for guidance.

Regularisation Application Form (PDF/66 KB/1 page)

Building control fees and guidance notes

Schedule 1:  Fees houses to 300 sq metres, flats to 3 storeys (PDF/240 KB/2 pages)

Schedule 2 and 3:   Fees small buildings, extensions and other work (PDF/246KB/3 pages)