About building control
Our Building Control team will help and advise you to ensure your building projects meet building regulations, safely and cost effectively.
Whether you are a large developer undertaking a large-scale project or a homeowner making changes to your property, we support you every step of the way.
- we are the main provider of building control support in South Lakeland
- our team of surveyors are fully qualified and have excellent local knowledge
- we are local, readily available and can offer same day advice
- we are a trusted, independent, not for profit service. We are publicly accountable
- we offer a pre-application advice service helping your project to run smoothly from the start, avoiding costly mistakes
- we can liaise with other council departments/professionals easily and quickly
Building control links
- need permission for your project? Find out on interactive house
- general building regulations information and approved documents can be found on the Planning Portal
- Local Authority Building Control (LABC) has information about partnership arrangements, LABC Building Excellence Awards and other useful guides
- Eden District Council technical guidance notes
Telephone: 01539 793 331
Telephone: 01539 793 355
Telephone: 01539 793 357
Mike Foster (Ulverston Office)
Telephone: 01539 793 358
Telephone: 01539 793 362
Telephone: 01539 793 363
Mike Sargeant (Ulverston Office)
Telephone: 01539 793 359
Telephone: 01539 793 360
Guidance and resources
Local Authority Building Control (LABC) approved documents
Local Authority Building Control technical resources provide the building regulations approved documents and technical guidance for England.
Following the guidance in the approved documents can help show that you have complied with Building Control Regulations.
Private sewers and drains
United Utilities give guidance and advice on your responsibilities regarding sewers and drains.
Local Authority Building Control (LABC) guidance notes
LABC technical information guide to extending your home.