Check before reporting
Is the vehicle really abandoned?
Things you need to think about and check before reporting:
- a vehicle in good condition is unlikely to have been abandoned. It might have significant damage, flat tyres, wheels removed or broken windows
- an abandoned vehicle is one which might have been left, unused, in one location for several weeks and may not be roadworthy
- if a vehicle is untaxed or SORN and is being kept on the highway you can report it to the DVLA
Check whether the vehicle is taxed
An abandoned vehicle is unlikely to have been taxed. To check if a vehicle is taxed please visit the DVLA.
- we aim to investigate reports of abandoned vehicles within one working day
- we will try to contact the owner
- we will contact the police who will investigate whether the vehicle has been involved in a crime
Make a report