Platinum Jubilee in South Lakeland
Last Updated: 1 April 2022
1 April 2022
South Lakeland District Council (SLDC) has launched a new web page for anyone planning to celebrate Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in June.
This dedicated Platinum Jubilee page can be found on the council’s website at www.southlakeland.gov.uk/PlatinumJubilee
It brings together details of the different ways people can get involved, from street parties to beacon lighting and planting a tree.
For neighbours planning a Platinum Jubilee street party where the road needs to be closed to through traffic, the council is waiving its usual application fee for a temporary road closure. A link to the application form can be found on the council’s Platinum Jubilee web page. The form needs to be returned by Monday 18 April with the relevant insurance and risk assessment documents. If you unable to complete your application by this date, please contact the council’s Events Team on email@example.com
The council’s Platinum Jubilee web page also includes information about:
- beacon lightings on Thursday 2 June
- The Light District – an SLDC project for communities to light up homes and buildings in purple or red, white and blue, also on 2 June
- The Queen’s Green Canopy tree planting project
- the nationwide Big Jubilee Lunch
- picnics and events in council-owned parks and open spaces
- temporary event notices if you are planning licensable activity such as selling alcohol
- and the National Lottery Community Fund’s Platinum Jubilee Fund for grants to community projects in 2022.
To find out more, go to www.southlakeland.gov.uk/PlatinumJubilee