New Cabinet confirmed
22 May 2019
A new-look Cabinet was unveiled by our Leader at last night’s Annual Meeting.
Following the district council elections earlier this month, Councillor Giles Archibald continues as Leader and will hold the portfolio for Promoting South Lakeland.
The rest of the Cabinet and portfolio appointments were also confirmed by the Leader, with Councillor Jonathan Brook remaining as Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Housing and Innovation
The other cabinet members and their portfolios are:
- Councillor Robin Ashcroft – Economy, Culture and Leisure
- Councillor Dyan Jones – Climate Emergency and Localism
- Councillor Andrew Jarvis – Finance and Resources
- Councillor Eric Morrell – Customer and Commercial Services and People
- Councillor Suzie Pye – Health, Wellbeing and Financial Resilience
Councillor Tom Harvey is Conservative group leader. The allocation of the shadow portfolios will be announced before the next Cabinet meeting.
Councillor Mark Wilson continues as leader of the Labour group and will continue to be invited to Cabinet in a shadow capacity.
The Annual Meeting also elected Councillor Stephen Coleman as Chairman of the Council and Councillor Pete McSweeney was elected as Vice-Chairman.