Council Cabinet change
18 May 2017
There has been a change in our council Cabinet.
Liberal Democrat Councillor Matt Severn, who has represented Kendal Underley ward since 2014, takes on the newly titled portfolio for Culture, Media and Sport.
He replaces Liberal Democrat Councillor Chris Hogg, who represents Kendal Castle ward, who held the Portfolio for Culture and Wellbeing.
At the Annual Council Meeting last night (Wednesday) the full Cabinet portfolio holders were confirmed as:
- Leader, Councillor Giles Archibald - Portfolio holder for Promoting South Lakeland
- Deputy Leader, Councillor Sue Sanderson - Portfolio holder for Council Organisation, People and Wellbeing
- Councillor Graham Vincent - Portfolio holder for Economy
- Councillor David Fletcher - Portfolio holder for Environment
- Councillor Peter Thornton - Portfolio holder for Finance
- Councillor Jonathan Brook - Portfolio holder for Housing and Innovation
- Councillor Matt Severn – Portfolio holder for Culture, Media and Sport.
Councillor Ben Berry, who represents Windermere, Applethwaite, and Troutbeck continues as the Leader of the Conservative Group at SLDC and the Deputy Leader continues to be Councillor Tom Harvey, who represents Grange South.
Other members of the Shadow Cabinet portfolio holders remain unchanged:
- Councillor Janette Jenkinson - Shadow Portfolio holder for Economy
- Councillor John Holmes - Shadow Portfolio holder for Housing and Innovation
- Councillor David Williams - Shadow Portfolio holder for Culture, Media and Sport
- Councillor James Airey - Shadow Portfolio holder for Environment
- Councillor Kevin Lancaster - Shadow Portfolio holder for Finance
Councillor Mark Wilson, who represents Ulverston East on SLDC, continues as Leader of the Labour Group.
At the Annual Meeting Councillor Eric Morrell was elected as the new Chairman of the Council and Councillor Stephen Coleman was elected as new Vice-Chairman.