Ferry Nab Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance
We are keen to welcome you all back to Ferry Nab soon and know you are wondering when you can visit. The Government has announced the easing of some of the lockdown regulations.
We have put social distancing measures in place around the public jetties to maintain a safe community.
When you feel it is the right time to visit your boat we ask that you do so responsibly. Local services are limited and the pressure on our emergency services remains high. Cumbria Police and The Lake District National Park Authority are continuing to ask visitors not to rush back to the Lake District for now.
Our staff are on site maintaining safety and security, so if you need anything checking please let us know and we’d be happy to assist.
It is important to respect other users and the Lake Wardens staff with social distancing at all times.
Meeting friends and family at Ferry Nab
At all times, you should continue to observe social distancing guidelines when you are outside your home, including ensuring you are two metres away from anyone outside your household. You cannot invite friends or family outside of your household onto your boat.
New guidelines for walking on the jetties
- only use permitted entry and exit points noting carefully which is which and observing no entry signs
- follow the new ‘entry exit’ system on the public jetties
- on main jetties give priority to those exiting
- always maintain a minimum 2m spacing, looking ahead and behind to observe and acknowledge others, passing only if necessary and using finger jetties to move a safe distance away
- jetty trolleys will be out of use
Launching my boat at the slipway
- the public slipway is open only to self-launching
- you must use your own vehicle to launch
- assistance from Lake Wardens may be limited
Parking at Ferry Nab
- please use the car park as normal
- permit holders may park as normal
- non permit holders must pay at the machines
Please check back for regular updates where possible we will update our social media with any changes.
Make yourself aware of any guidance issued by Cumbria Police or LDNPA Rangers for safe use of the Lake and its public facilities. Where possible we will sign post you to these via our correspondence.
At all times please follow the current government guidance to help stop the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and respect other users on site and the public jetties. It is all of our personal responsibility to adhere to guidelines so we can operate the site safely for you our customers and our staff.