Energy Savings Improvements
Energy Company Obligation (ECO)
ECO is the government's scheme to help householders on low incomes meet the upfront costs of making energy saving improvements to their properties, such as; central heating, cavity wall, solid wall and loft insulation.
The Electricity and Gas (Energy Company Obligation) Order 2018 (ECO3) allows us to broaden the criteria for eligibility for funding of domestic energy efficiency measures. This funding is aimed at those households most likely to be in fuel poverty. We are required to publish a 'Statement of Intent' which defines who is eligible for funding before this can happen.
You may be eligible for assistance under the ECO3 programme if:
- you have a low household income and high heating costs
- you have a low income and are a vulnerability to cold
For the full eligibility criteria for ECO3 Flex please look at the Statement of Intent below.
We intend to implement the flexible eligibility associated with these obligations and will work with energy companies and their authorised installers to maximise the input of flexible eligibility for fuel poor households. If you 'fit' the criteria, it does not guarantee that you will benefit from energy saving improvements as the final decision on funding rests with the energy supply. This will depend on:
- the survey carried out by the energy company or their authorised installer and their calculated installation costs. Please note funding is not provided by us
- the energy savings that can be achieved for a property
- whether energy suppliers have achieved their ECO targets or require further measures to meet their ECO targets (this will affect the amount of funding available through the scheme)