Support agencies

We have listed contact details below for organisations that offer advice, help, support and counselling:

CADAS (Cumbria Alcohol and Drugs Advisory Service)
CADAS offers counselling to 11 to 25 year olds who have problems with drink or drug use.

CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably)
Helpline and campaign to tackle depression and provide advice and information.

Richmond Fellowship
Richmond Fellowship provides a range of services for people with severe and enduring mental health problems. You need to be referred by social services or by a community psychiatric nurse.

Free confidential impartial drugs advice.

LetGo (Impact Housing Association)
Let Go offers support and in some cases accommodation for people experiencing domestic violence.

Turning Point
Turning Point provide drug/alcohol rehab for people aged 18 years and over. You can contact them directly but will need to have a financial assessment with social services before you can be admitted.

Manna House
Provides advice, advocacy and a drop-in support centre.

Central Access Point
For all supported housing schemes and floating support. Referrals can be made by individuals and other organisations to the Central Access Point.

Childline provide advice information and support to children, teenagers and young adults about a variety of issues

Heads Together
Free information and support around relationships, drugs, mental health, money & jobs for people under 25.

Springfield (Kendal)
Short term supported accommodation for vulnerable women over 18, prioritising women who have been affected by domestic abuse. Usually accessed via the Central Access Point. Can provide outreach.

Offers a range of support in the community to women and men in the South Lakeland area who have been affected by domestic abuse.
Telephone number: 01539 726 171 or email:

For further advice contact the Housing Options team using the details below or call the out of hours number on 0870 428 6905.


Positive Feedback Okay Feedback Negative Feedback